Wednesday, January 22, 2014

DIY: Lacey Book Page Glass Candle Holder

Well I couldn't come up with a great name for this project so I gave it a long one! Here is a great simple little project that takes about 10 minutes and has awesome results!
 


What you will need:
-A sponge, or sponge brush, or even a paint brush would work
-Mod Podge, I used a Matte finish
-A few pages from a book, cream pages work best
-A glass candle holder (mine was $1.00 from Michaels)
-A flower punch ($3.00 from Michaels)
 
(Don't mind my couch, it's my favorite crafting location!)
 
 
Step 1:
Use your flower puncher to punch out a bunch of little flowers from the book pages.
 
Step 2:
Start by placing a dab of the Mod Podge on the glass candle holder, then spread it out using your sponge brush (I used a dabbing motion) you will be working in small sections at a time.
 
 

 
Step 3:
Begin placing your flower punches randomly onto the gluey surface. Once you have them on use your sponge brush to dab over the top of them so that they are all coated in the Mod Podge.
 
Step 4:
Continue this until the entire surface of the candle holder is covered (I did not do the bottom, but you could if you want to!)
 

 
Step 5:
Let it dry, once it is completely dry, place a tea light candle inside and enjoy!
 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10